Why are QR codes awesome?
- Off the Grid. Anyone who finds your pet can scan the code with their phone camera and contact you within seconds.
- Double-Safety. Just like hoomans, pets are complex little creatures. If your pet has special needs, a name and a phone number may not be enough to keep them safe and healthy if they go missing. Add medical/behavioral conditions to your pet’s deets so a rescuer will know how to care for them until you are reunited.
- Camera Shy? Hide your personal information behind the QR code so that only pet rescuers – not casual observers – have access to your contact info if they find your pet.
How do Pawscout QR codes (PawscoutQR Tags and PawscoutQR Nameplates) work?
Almost every smartphone (Android and iOS) now has an automatic QR reader. Anyone who finds your pet can simply use their smartphone camera to scan the code. Scanning the code will take the rescuer to a special link with details you decide to reveal about you and your pet so that you can be reunited quickly if your pet goes missing.
How do I set up my PawscoutQR?
Setup is critical, so please follow these directions carefully to associate the QR code with your pet.
- Open the Pawscout App on your phone.
- If you have not created a Pet Profile for your pet, please select the My Pets icon at the bottom of the main screen in the Pawscout App, then Add Pet, then complete the required information. If you have already created a profile, proceed to step 3.
- Go to Pet Profile -> Tag & Actions -> Pet QR Codes.
- Follow the steps in the Pawscout App to scan your QR code and associate it with your pet.