First, a big thank you for helping this this pet! Now down to business.
Does the pet have a QR code on his tag? The QR tag will either be on the tag itself or on a nameplate attached to the tag, like this:
If so, point your phone’s camera at the code and when the code is recognized, click on the Pawscout link. If the family has already reported the pet as missing, you will receive information about how to take care of the pet and contact the owner. If the family has not realized that the pet is missing, they will be alerted and told how to contact you. All of this will happen in real-time, so it should only take a few seconds to help this pet.
If the pet does not have a QR code on his tag or scanning the QR code does not work, please take a few seconds to report this pet as lost in the Pawscout App. We promise it will be quick!
If you don’t already have the Pawscout App:
- First, please download the free Pawscout App to an iOS or Android smartphone (https://pawscout.com/join/)
- When the Pawscout App opens, you’ll see a button at the bottom of the screen that says “Found a Pet with a Pawscout Tag?" Please select this button.
You will then be guided through the various options for helping this pet.
If you already have the Pawscout App:
- Select the “For You” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the icon in the upper-right hand corner of the screen as shown below.
- This next step is very important. Before you start writing, click the red icon on the bottom of the screen as shown below.
- You will then be guided through the various options for helping the pet. If you are short on time or on the move, choose to create a lost pet post. It’s the fastest option.
Article is closed for comments.