What is the Pawscout Social Feed and why is it important?
Pawscout’s social feed is the “For You” tab. Read more about how it works.
Most importantly, “For You” is your nearby community hub for pet safety and well-being. Make sure to set your home location (see directions below) to receive updates about pets that are lost or found around you, tips from your pet-loving neighbors, and other pet-centered local alerts and information.
The “For You” tab is also your spot for connecting with pets and their people near you. It’s a social media petwork where you can share photos, arrange walks and playdates in your area, and talk with members of your community about everything from pet-friendly businesses to the silliest thing your pet’s afraid of.
Access the For You tab by clicking the icon at the bottom left of your screen. From there, there’s lots to do:
- Share posts, links, and photos with your community. Add hashtags to make your posts easier to find.
- Report lost or found pets. Click to add a post, but make sure to select the red icon at the bottom. We’ll walk you through the flow from there.
- If your post is specific to your neighborhood or local community, make sure to include your address by clicking the location icon.
- Set your home location to let Pawscout know what posts to show you. Your posts can be seen by Pawscouters in your area, as well as Guardians of your pets and anyone who follows you. You can change your home location at any time.
- Add your location to individual posts. (This is especially useful if you want to plan a walk or pet playdate.) If you see a post with a location, click on the address to open it on your neighborhood map.
- Additionally, you’ll occasionally see posts in For You from “Superscouts” - those are Pawscout power users.
If you see a user posting something inappropriate or inaccurate, we encourage you to report it by clicking the three dots at the top of the post. And of course, invite friends and neighbors to download Pawscout and make your community stronger!
Looking for something specific? You’ll want to head to the Discover tab:
- The Discover tab is a great place to get recommendations from Pawscout and to follow interesting users and hashtags.
- Type the name of a person or pet in the search bar of the Discover tab, and they’ll pop right up. When you follow a hooman Pawscouter, you’ll automatically follow their pets as well--and vice versa.