We Made Our Nameplates Better Than Ever by Adding a QR Code
Why are Pawscout Nameplates with QR Codes Better?
- Off the Grid. Even if you let your batteries run out on your Pawscout Tag, anyone who finds your pet will be able to scan the nameplate with their phone camera and contact you within seconds.
- Double-Safety. Just like hoomans, pets are complex little creatures. If your pet has special needs, a name and a phone number may not be enough to keep them safe and healthy if they go missing. Add medical/behavioral conditions to your pet’s deets so a rescuer will know how to care for them until you are reunited.
- Camera Shy? Hide your personal information behind the QR code so that only pet rescuers - not casual observers - have access to your contact info if they find your pet.
How Do Nameplates with QR Codes Work?
Almost every smartphone (Android and iOS) now has an automatic QR reader. Anyone who finds your pet can simply use their smartphone camera to scan the code. Scanning the code will take the rescuer to a special link with details you decide to reveal about you and your pet so that you can be reunited quickly if your pet goes missing.
How Do I Set Up My QR Code?
Setup is critical, so please follow these directions carefully to associate the QR code with your pet.
- Open the Pawscout App on your phone.
- If you have not created a Pet Profile for your pet, please select the My Pets icon at the bottom, then Add Pet, then complete the required information. If you have already created a profile, proceed to step 3.
- Go to Pet Profile -> Tag&Actions -> Pet QR Codes (or Configure Nameplate).
- Follow the steps in the Pawscout App to scan your QR code and associate it with your pet.
- Identify the back of your Pawscout Tag, which is the side of the Pawscout Tag that does not include the Pawscout name and logo.
- Peel off the sticker and place the nameplate on the back of the Pawscout Tag. Press down firmly and hold for a few seconds to make sure the nameplate attaches securely to the Tag.