It is super important to permanently enable the correct permissions on the Pawscout App to help you find your pet if they go missing. If you do not have the correct permissions enabled, you may not be able to obtain any location data about your pet. In particular, you need to enable Location Services for Pawscout. In addition to helping your pet, you will help others; every Pawscouter is a beacon for lost pets.
If you find that certain features are unavailable on the Pawscout App, it is likely because your permission settings are incorrect. To check permissions, go to the Pawscout App and select Profile from the bottom menu. Choose the Settings icon in the upper-righthand corner, and then choose Permissions. The Pawscout App will guide you through what is needed to keep your pet safe.
Privacy and Location Settings for Pawscout
How can I properly set up my iOS device for Pawscout?
- Select Settings on your iPad or iPhone, then Privacy
- Select Location Services and be sure it is turned ON
- Stay in Location Services, scroll down to Pawscout. Make sure that Location Services for Pawscout is set to Always
How can I properly set up my Android device for Pawscout?
- Choose Settings
- Select Location
- Under Privacy, make sure Location is turned On
- Go back to the main Settings menu, and select Apps
- Scroll down and select Pawscout, and make sure Notifications are On
Managing Pawscout chimes and dings
You can manage all of Pawscout’s notifications from within your Pawscout Settings.
- Navigate to your Profile in your Pawscout App
- Select the Settings icon
- Choose Manage Notifications
- Set all the notifications you want to be alerted for. It's important that you keep your Locations Services on for Pawscout to be alerted
The location information we obtain from you is for you and you only. Your information is fully encrypted and can only be seen by you, and is not revealed to other users.