A Guardian is any friend, family member, neighbor, dog-walker, or pet-sitter you trust to care for your pet. As Guardians, they’ll become your pet parenting copilots, with access to (almost) all of Pawscout’s features.
The more Guardians you invite, the bigger your pet’s safety net—that means more people looking out for your pet’s happiness and health.
What Guardians Can Do
- See your pet on the neighborhood map. If you’re out of town and your pet’s near a Guardian, that location will show up on the map as their “last seen” location.
- Use Pawscout’s walk diary to record your pet’s walks. (And you can see if Fluffy’s really getting her steps in.)
- Set up Pawscout’s Virtual Pet Leash when outside, so they can spring into action if your pet bolts.
- Report your pet as lost and create a Lost Pet Post.
- Guardians can’t invite more Guardians. That’s always your decision, and you can invite or remove Guardians at any time.
How to Add Guardians
We’ve made it easy to grow your pet’s network with our latest update! To start, visit your pet’s profile by going to the neighborhood map and clicking on their avatar. You’ll see a green Invite button.
- Inviting Pawscouters. Do you have friends or neighbors on Pawscout? Great! They’ll automatically appear on your list of potential invitees. If you’d like to invite a Pawscouter you don’t see listed, type their name into the search bar.
- Inviting folks outside Pawscout. Allow access to your address book, and Pawscout can easily send invites to non-Pawscout users. You can also send an invite code to anyone you want via text or email.
- Pro tip: When considering whether someone should be your pet’s Guardian, ask yourself, “Would I trust this person to look out for Fluffy when I’m not around?” That said, we encourage you to add as many Guardians as you feel comfortable with. The more Guardians, the more people looking out for your pet’s health and happiness!
How to Manage Your Pet’s Guardians
You can view your list of Guardians from your pet’s profile. From there, you can send invite reminders, remove Guardians, and—of course—invite more.
- Waiting for a Guardian to accept your invitation? Give them a nudge by resending your invitation. If you see that an invite is pending, select Resend Invitation from the options tab by their name.
- If you wish to remove a Guardian, select the Options button near their name and select Remove.
- To add more Guardians, select the green + icon at the top of your Guardians list.