What is the Pawscout Social Feed?
Pawscout’s social feed is now the “For You” tab. Read more about how it works.
What is the “For You” tab and what can I do there?
The “For You” tab is your spot for connecting with pets near you. It’s a social media petwork (see what we did there?) where you can share photos, arrange walks and playdates in your area, and talk with members of your community about everything from pet-friendly businesses to the silliest thing your pet’s afraid of.
Access the For You tab by clicking the icon at the bottom left of your screen. From there, there’s lots to do:
- Share posts, links, and photos with your community. Add hashtags to make your posts easier to find.
- Set your home location to let Pawscout know what posts to show you. Your posts can be seen by Pawscouters in your area, as well as Guardians of your pets and anyone who follows you. You can change your home location at any time.
- Add your location to individual posts. (This is especially useful if you want to plan a walk or pet playdate.) If you see a post with a location, click on the address to open it on your neighborhood map.
- Additionally, you’ll occasionally see posts in For You from “Superscouts”—Pawscout power users.
If you see a user posting something inappropriate or inaccurate, we encourage you to tell Pawscout Support. And of course, invite friends and neighbors to download Pawscout and make your community stronger!
Search and Discover
Looking for something specific? You’ll want to head to the Search & Discover tab (formerly Search):
- Type the name of a person or pet in the search bar of the Search & Discover tab, and they’ll pop right up. When you follow a hooman Pawscouter, you’ll automatically follow their pets as well--and vice versa.
- The Search & Discover tab is a great place to get recommendations from Pawscout about interesting users and hashtags to follow.
Learn more about Search & Discover here. Happy sharing!