Have you found a pet wearing a Pawscout Tag? Here’s how you can help reunite them with their people.
If you don’t have an account with Pawscout and have not downloaded the App:
- Download the free Pawscout App for iOS or Android.
- At App launch, you’ll see the prompt, “Found a pet with a Pawscout Tag?” below options to log in or sign up.
- You’ll be instructed to get as close to the lost pet as possible so the Pawscout App can read their Tag. We understand that it may not always be safe to approach a lost, frightened, or disoriented pet, so please put your own safety first.
- Follow the instructions for confirming the pet’s identity and contacting the owner.
If you do have a Pawscout account and are logged in:
- By being a Pawscout user, you will be alerted that you are near a lost Pawscout Pet when they enter your Bluetooth range. However, if the owner did not mark their pet as missing or you don't receive an alert, you can still let the Pawscout community know you've found a missing pet by creating a Found Pet Post.
- Navigate to the Pawscout Feed > select Share something... > choose Report Lost Pet > select I found a pet
- Follow the steps in creating the Found Pet Post. Be sure to describe what happened and add any details that will help Pawscouters reunite their pet with their owner. Be sure to add a picture!
Setting Your Pet as Lost
Finding a Lost Pet
Thank you for making your neighborhood safer for pets!