Have you found a pet wearing a Pawscout Tag? Here's how you can help reunite them with their people.
- I have found a pet that appears lost, and I am not a Pawscout user.
- I found a pet that appears lost, and I am a Pawscout user.
- I’m having problems scanning the tag.
I have found a pet that appears lost, and I am not a Pawscout user.
If you don't have an account with Pawscout and have not downloaded the App, please download the free Pawscout App on an iOS or Android smartphone (https://pawscout.com/join/)
- At App launch, you'll see the prompt, "Found a pet with a Pawscout Tag?" below options to sign up or login. If you’ve already created an account, see I found a pet, and I am a Pawscout user.
- The screen will instruct you to get as close to the lost pet as possible so that the Pawscout App can pick up the signal from the Tag. We understand that it may not always be safe to approach a lost, frightened, or disoriented pet, so please put your safety first.
- Follow the instructions for confirming the pet's identity and leaving your information for the owner.
- If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
I found a pet that appears lost, and I am a Pawscout user.
Helping a lost pet is simple! First, always be careful when approaching a pet that appears lost - they may be scared or disoriented. Your Pawscout App should be able to detect the Tag as long as you are within a hundred feet or so of the pet.
- As a Pawscout user, you may receive an alert that you're near a lost Pawscout Pet. If the owner didn't mark their pet as missing, or you don't see an alert, you can still let the Pawscout community know you've found a missing pet by creating a Found Pet Post.
- Navigate to the Pawscout social feed (For You tab) and create a post.
- Choose the Lost Pet icon (in red, with an exclamation point) at the bottom of your screen. Select Report Lost Pet; then Found Pet Post.
- If the found pet was already marked as lost in your area, it would show under "Do you see them here?" You will see the created Lost Pet Post where you could message or contact the owner. If you don't see the found pet, you can attempt to Scan the Tag or select "It's Not Here"
- The Pawscout App will walk you through making a Found Pet Post. Be sure to add a picture and where you found the pet! Include as many details as you can. The more description you provide, the more likely you are to reunite the pet with its owner.
- You also can scan the Tag to see if you can automatically obtain information about the found pet. If detected, you can leave your contact information for the owner to contact you.
I’m having problems scanning the tag
When you attempt to scan a tag, your phone may have trouble communicating with the pet's tag, which is where you'll want to make a Found Pet Post (CREATE A LOST PET REPORT).
You can create a detailed post that shares detailed information about the rescued pet. After the post is made, you can become a new Pawscouter where your already made Found Pet Post will be attached to your profile
If you decide not to become a Pawscouter but wish to help the pet, your Found Pet Post will be posting through Pawscout Rescuers.