Have you found a pet wearing a Pawscout Tag? Here’s how you can help reunite them with their people.
If you don’t have an account with Pawscout and have not downloaded the App:
- Download the free Pawscout App for iOS or Android.
- At App launch, you’ll see the prompt, “Found a pet with a Pawscout Tag?” below options to log in or sign up.
- You’ll be instructed to get as close to the lost pet as possible so the Pawscout App can read their Tag. We understand that it may not always be safe to approach a lost, frightened, or disoriented pet, so please put your own safety first.
- Follow the instructions for confirming the pet’s identity and contacting the owner.
- Now that you’ve joined Pawscout, you can alert the community that you’ve found a missing pet by creating a Found Pet Post. Scroll down to learn how.
If you do have a Pawscout account and are logged in:
- As a Pawscout user, you’ll be alerted that you’re near a lost Pawscout Pet when you open the App. However, if the owner didn’t mark their pet as missing, or you don't see an alert, you can still let the Pawscout community know you've found a missing pet by creating a Found Pet Post.
- Navigate to the Pawscout social feed and create a post. Choose the Lost Pet icon (in red, with an exclamation point) at the bottom of your screen. Select Report Lost Pet, then I found a pet.
- The Pawscout App will walk you through making a Found Pet report. Be sure to add a picture! Include as many details as you can. The more description you provide, the more likely you are to reunite the pet with their owner.
Setting Your Pet as Lost
Finding a Lost Pet
Thank you for making your neighborhood safer for pets!