The following directions will help get your Pawscout Tag to pair. The first step to getting your Pawscout to pair is to step outside or go to an area free from electronic or Bluetooth distractions.
- Turn off your phone's Bluetooth, and turn it back on. Pawscout requires Bluetooth.
- Be sure to have your location services turned on for Pawscout
- Press the embossed tab on the front of the Pawscout to check the battery. Each flash denotes 1/10 of the battery life. If there are more than 5 flashes, proceed with the steps below. If your tag has less than 5 flashes, please change your tag's CR2032 battery. Steps on changing the battery can be found here.
When preparing your tag for pairing, be sure to hold down the embossed tab for 15 total seconds. You will see a blue light turn on for 10 seconds but keep it compressed for 5 more seconds.
Please perform the pairing in an area free of electronic or Bluetooth interferences. Some of the interferences can be:
- Microwave ovens
- Wireless speakers
- Direct Satellite Service
- External monitors and LCD displays
- Power sources
- Poorly shielded cabling
- 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz phones
- Wireless RF video
- Baby monitors, neighbor's Wi-Fi, and microwave transmitters, etc.
Also, be sure you do not have other Pawscout tags, or smartwatches nearby.
Follow the directions on the setup wizard.
If your tag successfully connects, you will see this screen.
Congrats on joining the Pawscout Community!
Still having trouble? Help us help you by sending your logs.
iOS: From your Pawscout App, go to Settings>Contact Support>choose any of the five options>Contact Support and write us a brief message about your problem.
Android: From your Pawscout App, go to Settings>Contact Support and write us a brief message about your problem.