1. Make sure your Pawscout Tag is on. Push the button on the front and make sure the blue light blinks. If the blue light does not blink, you may need to replace the battery with an inexpensive CR2032 watch battery. Watch this short video.
2. If you stand next to your pet with the Pawscout App open to the map view, do you see a green halo around your pet? When pinching to zoom in on your pet in the map view, a green halo around your pet’s location indicates your pet is in range.
3. The Pawscout Tag's location is determined by the location of the mobile device detecting the tag. For a more accurate reading, make sure GPS is enabled on your phone. For iOS, Settings->Privacy->Location Services->On.
4. If you are near your pet for long periods of time, the app may not refresh the pet's location. We don't always refresh when we know your pet is safe and sound with you.
5. If none of the above work, please go into the Pawscout App, click the Settings icon (looks like a gearbox), and then select "Contact Support", choose any of the five options, and choose "Contact Support" to send us a message. Please send this email to "firstname.lastname@example.org". This will send us the log files from the app and help us figure out what is happening.