Are you unable to use Start Walk or Virtual Leash? Is Pawscout telling you "Pet needs to be in range" when they are anxiously standing in front of you? This article can help you place your furry friend "In range" so you can use all of Pawscout's features!
1. Make sure your Pawscout Tag is on. Push the button on the front and make sure the blue light blinks. If the blue light does not blink, you may need to replace the battery with an inexpensive CR2032 watch battery. If you change the battery, make sure the lock icon aligns with the tab to keep the unit waterproof.
- Changing Your Tag's Battery
Smartphone users watch here. https://youtu.be/qeYH3r-Uw-E
2. When you stand next to your pet with the Pawscout App open on the My Pets menu, pull down on this screen. Does it place your pet "In range"?
3. The Pawscout Tag's location is determined by the location of the mobile device detecting the tag. For a more accurate reading, make sure GPS is enabled on your phone. For iOS, Settings->Privacy->Location Services->On.
4. If you are near your pet for long periods of time, the app may not refresh the pet's location. We don't always refresh when we know your pet is safe and sound.
5. If none of the above work, please go into the Pawscout App, click the Settings icon (looks like a gearbox), and then select "Contact Support", choose any of the five options, and choose "Contact Support" to send us a message. Please send this email to "email@example.com". This will send us the log files from the app and help us figure out what is happening.