Pawscout uses a low-energy Bluetooth radio signal with a range of approximately 300 feet. You can use the Pawscout App to locate your pet and set a virtual leash that alerts you if the pet moves outside of that range. If you are not in range of your pet and you mark your pet as lost, you will be notified of your pet's location if he or she passes by anyone with the Pawscout App. To best protect your pet, ask friends, family members, neighbors and caretakers to install the Pawscout app. Tracking will not work unless your pet is within 300 feet of someone with the Pawscout App.
Articles in this section
- How does the Pawscout Tag work?
- How does Pawscout track pets?
- How can I help the Pawscout community?
- How is the Pawscout Tag different from a GPS tracker?
- What are the specs of the Pawscout Tag?
- I have a traditional tag and microchip. Why do I need Pawscout?
- Do I need a Pawscout Tag to use the Pawscout App?
- Do I need a smartphone to use Pawscout?