Please refer to the correct instruction below to change your Pawscout Tag's battery. If you see lock/unlock symbols on your Tag, follow the blue light Tag instructions below. If your Tag doesn't have lock/unlock icons, follow the white light Tag instructions below.
Blue Light Tag
1. Remove the Pawscout Tag from your pet and place it on your palm facing up.
2. Take your other hand and lightly press the Pawscout between your palms.
3. The hand covering the front of the Tag goes counterclockwise, and the other hand goes in the opposite direction.
4. Check to see if the tab is pointed at the unlock position and then wedge your fingernail or flat object and separate the two round pieces from one another.
5. Push the old battery out with a small screwdriver or penny and replace it with a new CR2032 battery. Slide the battery into the holder (as shown below) gently--pushing too hard could damage the battery holder. The + sign must face up.
6. Align the Open Lock with the line and gently close. Make sure the lock icon aligns with the tab to keep the unit water-resistant
7. Repeat steps 2 & 3, but turn your hands in the opposite motion.
8. Reattach your Pawscout Tag to your pet!
White Light Tag
1. Remove the Pawscout Tag from your pet.
2. Open the Tag by twisting the two halves in opposite directions: upper housing turns counterclockwise, lower housing turn clockwise.
3. If the black rubber O-ring falls out, place it inside the housing that contains the battery.
4. Pop out the old battery and dispose of it properly. Insert a fresh CR2032 battery underneath the small metal tab, ensuring that the Positive (+) side is facing you.
5. Close the Tag by twisting the two halves together: upper housing turns clockwise, lower housing turns counterclockwise. Tighten until snug, but do not overtighten.
6. Reattach the mount, then reattach your Pawscout Tag to your pet.
Changing Your Tag's Battery (blue light)