1. Remove the Pawscout Tag from your pet and place it on your palm facing up.
2. Take your other hand and lightly press the Pawscout between your palms.
3. The hand covering the front of the Tag goes counterclockwise, and the other hand goes the opposite direction.
4. Check to see if the tab is pointed at the unlock position and then wedge your fingernail or flat object and separate the two round pieces from one another.
5. Push the old battery out with a small screwdriver or penny and replace it with a new CR2032 battery. Slide the battery into the holder (as shown below), gently--pushing too hard could damage the battery holder. The + sign must face up.
6. Align the Open Lock with the line and gently close. Make sure the lock icon aligns with the tab to keep the unit waterproof.
7. Repeat steps 2 & 3, but turn your hands in the opposite motion.
8. Reattach your Pawscout Tag to your pet!
Changing Your Tag's Battery