1. Remove the Pawscout Tag from your pet and place it on your palm facing up.
2. Take your other hand and lightly press the Pawscout between your palms.
3. Turn your left hand counterclockwise, and your right hand clockwise.
4. Check to see if the tab is pointed at the unlock position and then wedge your fingernail or flat object and separate the two round pieces from one another.
5. Push the old battery out with a small screwdriver or penny and replace it with a CR2032, which sells for less than $1 at most drugstores.
6. Align the Open Lock with the line and gently close.
7. Repeat steps 2 & 3, but turn your hands in the opposite motion.
8. Reattach your Pawscout Tag to your pet.