The following will help both Android and iOS users get set up with Pawscout.
If adding your own pet for the first time, choose to Add My Pet. Pick Use Pet Code if you' are adding a pet that's already on the Pawscout network.
Choose the type of pet you wish to add and fill out their information. Don't forget to add a picture of them to help other Pawscouters identify your pet. When completing your pet's profile, all fields need to be completed (Breed, DoB, Weight, Color, Size). Including any Life-saving Information about your pet provides other Pawscouters critical details regarding your pet's health and behavior.
Please perform the pairing in an area free of electronic or Bluetooth interferences.
Some of the interferences can be:
- Microwave ovens
- Wireless speakers
- Direct Satellite Service
- External monitors and LCD displays
- Power sources
- Poorly shielded cabling
- 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz phones
- Wireless RF video
- Baby monitors, neighbor's Wi-Fi, and microwave transmitters, etc.
Also, be sure you do not have other Pawscout tags, or smartwatches nearby during pairing.
Once you have successfully placed yourself in the ideal pairing environment, please be sure your tag and phone meet all the requirements to ensure a successful pair.
- Push the button on your tag and look for the blue light. Each flash denotes 1/10 of the battery life. If there are more than 5 flashes, proceed with the steps below. Steps on changing the battery can be found here.
- Confirm that Location Services is ALWAYS enabled from your phone's settings.
- Turn off your phone's Bluetooth, and turn it back on. Pawscout requires Bluetooth.
Follow the steps on the screen and be sure to hold down the embossed tab until you see the blue light. Be sure not to cover the light with your finger.
Once the light turns off, proceed to the next step...
Choose Next and follow the directions in the setup wizard.
This is the screen you see when you have successfully connected!
If you wish to further protect your pet with their newly setup Pawscout, buy a stylish Pawscout Nameplate! Easily identifying your pet increases the chances of people returning your lost pet. Learn more here.